Monday, March 5, 2012

The first few weeks

Discharge day came and we couldn't wait to get Grady home. I was so ready to be in my own environment with my own surroundings again. The pediatrician was concerned with jaundice, so he ordered a blood test but that came back at an okay level. Thank heaven!

When the time came for Jon and I to bring the little nugget home, we we nervous to say the least! All I could think was, "They're going to let us take him home?!" It was a rough night of crying (for Grady and myself), but we made it through. Jon went into work a little late, considering the little man didn't actually go to sleep until about 6 am. Ever since then, he has gotten progressively better.

We are so blessed to have such a good sleeper! He has his moments and so do I, but I would not take back a single moment that I get to spend with him. He especially loves to snuggle which I am definitely in love with! He is an early riser so he snuggles with me for a little bit until he goes back to sleep.

We had a bout of thrush in the second week. It wasn't so terrible for me, but Grady was so uncomfortable. He was spitting up more often and had really bad gas but we got some medication from it and he is getting over finally! I hated to seem him so uncomfortable but he is one tough little cookie!

I have never really heard of anyone saying that labor and delievery was a good or enjoyable experience for them, but it truly was for me. If I had to go back and do it again, I would do it in a heartbeat for the little blessing that Jon and I received. Jon was such a good support and an excellent coach for me during the whole process. He never waivered and still three weeks later, is telling me what a wonderful job I am doing. He is a pretty good papa himself. Grady has already acquired the nickname, "Boss", which I find to be very suiting considering he runs the household now!

No comments:

Post a Comment